If you are reaching for cold water or hot coffee first thing in the morning, consider this list of reasons to drink room temperature or warm lemon water from fresh squeezed, organic lemons. Just adding the lemon will give you vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium and fiber…and did you know that lemon is the only fruit or vegetable that is the exact ionic structure as liver bile? In the chakra system, we learn that the 3rd chakra is yellow, so lemons are a great choice for the kidneys, liver, spleen and pancreas, too.
THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU DRINK LEMON WATER:
- Lemon is a tonic for the body; as it cleans the liver, it cleans the blood
- Lemon is high in potassium which balances fluids in the body, thus bringing blood pressure into balance.
- Lemon can help prevent kidney stones. Anything yellow is good for the kidneys and bladder.
- It can prevent urinary tract infections.
- It freshens breath and dissolves phlegm.
- Eliminates constipation.
- Keeps hydration at the cellular level and prevents adrenal fatigue.
- Reduces headaches and sinus congestion
- Increases a feeling of wellness and satisfaction overall.
- Last but not least, it helps to balance pH which is essential to normal body functions.
Did you know that lemon trees can grow to 20 feet tall? I once had a lemon in my back yard that grew over the roof of the house and produced hundreds of lemons, right here in Mississippi. Another wonderful use for lemons is in disinfecting. Try using the squeezed out lemon to clean the kitchen sink and throw it in the disposal to clean and freshen the smells down there!