Best Detox Protocols
Detox protocols vary depending on the individual. The body has its own natural detoxification
systems, primarily carried out by the liver, lymph and kidneys. However, if you’re looking for
methods to address specific concerns, here are some ideas.
- Clean Diet Consider the 80/20 rule of eating. Eat 80% alkalizing plant-based foods,
mainly real plants! The other 20% should be healthful “dense” foods – meat, fish,
potatoes, rice, other grains, eggs, etc. These are heavy, dense foods, harder for the body
to digest and assimilate.
- Elimination Diets: These involve removing potentially problematic foods from your diet
for a specific period, such as gluten, dairy, soy, or artificial additives. After the
elimination phase, you gradually reintroduce these foods to identify any sensitivities or
allergies. Try the Seven Day Elimination Diet in Useful Information
- Juice Cleanses: These involve consuming freshly pressed fruit and vegetable juices for a
specific duration. A juice can provide concentrated nutrients while giving the digestive
system a break. Focus on vegetables and limited fruit (too much sugar). Only organic!
- Herbal Detox Supplements: Certain herbs, such as milk thistle, dandelion root, burdock
root, and cascara sagrada, are believed to support liver function and detoxification.
- Exercise and Sweat: Regular physical activity can support the detoxification process by
increasing circulation and promoting sweating, which helps eliminate toxins through the
skin. Incorporate activities like aerobic exercises, yoga, or saunas into your routine.
- Adequate Sleep: Quality sleep is essential for overall health and optimal detoxification.
Aim for 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night to support your body’s natural
healing and rejuvenation processes. Sleep without blue light distractions!
- Skin brushing and oiling: the skin is the biggest organ of elimination; others are the liver, lungs,
and kidneys. Brush your skin with a natural bristle brush on a regular basis; follow with a light
massage of a natural oil such as avocado, olive, or coconut. BEFORE you shower!
- Colonics and Colema Boards: Many naturopaths recommend keeping the colon clean with
colonic therapy. You can visit a center where a technician with assist you in cleansing your colon
with a type of very effective enema process. Individuals who do not have a colon therapist can
also purchase a home unit called a colema board.
- Full Body Herbal Detox: THE BIG GUNS CLEANSE. This is a strong cleanse for those who really
want a reset and a jump start on dieting and cleansing. Here is a link to this cleansing protocol.
.Big Guns cleanse