Achieve Hormone Balance Naturally
Achieving hormone balance is essential for both women and men and while may vary between
individuals, there are certain lifestyle practices that can help support natural hormone balance for both
genders. The guidelines are for the most part the same as for any other health issue; we often know the
cure but don’t follow the protocol!
- Consider herbal support: Some herbal supplements, such as maca, chasteberry (Vitex), red
clover, and black cohosh, are known to support hormone balance in women. Many functional
medicine doctors can test your balance before you begin.
- Eat a balanced diet: Include a variety of whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins,
healthy fats, and whole grains. Eat a plant-based diet with flesh proteins mainly from safe,
smaller fish and lean meat. Chicken is very inflammatory to humans and pets.
- Engage in stress-reducing activities such as exercise, meditation, yoga, deep breathing, or
hobbies that you enjoy. Prioritize self-care and create a lifestyle that allows for relaxation and
- Regular exercise: Physical activity has a positive impact on hormone balance. Engaging in regular
exercise, such as aerobic activities, strength training, or yoga, helps regulate hormone levels and
promotes overall well-being. Find activities you enjoy and aim for at least 150 minutes of
moderate-intensity exercise per week.
- Get grounded. Take your shoes off outside every day in the sunshine. Trees give off more
negative ions than anything, so be sure to hug your trees today.
- Carrying excess weight can be related to a hormone imbalance. If the weight isn’t coming off,
see a knowledgeable practitioner who knows it takes more than portion size and exercise to get
the weight off if your metabolism is imbalanced.
- Avoid toxins: Certain environmental toxins can interfere with hormone balance. Minimize
exposure to harmful chemicals found in plastics, pescitides, personal care products, and
household cleaners. Choose natural or organic options whenever possible. Consider everything
from your shampoo to your dishwasher powder. Read SIX WEEKS TO A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE to
learn how to do this. Order Six Weeks to A Healthy Lifestyle
- Stay hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of “safe” water is essential for hormone production
and regulation Did you know that our water system is full of chemicals from hormone
replacement and medications dumped into our supply? Get a Berkey filter at the very least to
protect your family.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): In severe cases, a doctor may recommend hormone
replacement with bio-identical hormones. See your provider for information on this topic.
Suzanne Summers has writen a book, AGELESS: THE TRUTH ABOUT BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES